Gheiby, Bijan. 2015. Twelve ancient treatises. Translation and Commentary. Bielefeld: Nemudar.
The volume presents in 386 pages a collection of twelve Zoroastrian treatises together with their Persian translations and editorial explanations and commentaries. The edited texts are as follows:
- Ayādgār ī Zarērān “Memorial of Zarēr”
- Wizarišn ī čatrang “Explanation of Chess”
- Mādayān ī yōšt ī Friyān “The Book of Yōšt of the Friyān”
- Māh ī Frawardīn rōz ī Hordād “The Sixth (Hōrdad) Day of the Mounth Frawardīn”
- Abar Madan ī Wahrām ī Warzāwand “On the Coming of the Miraculous Wahrām”
- Sūr saxwan “Banquet Speech”
- Xweškārīh ī redagān “The Duty of Children”
- Čim ī kustīg “Reasons for the Sacred Girdle”
- Čim ī drōn “Reasons for the Sacred Portion”
- Āfrīn ī [payγāmbar] Zardušt “A Blessing of Zarathustra”
- Tohmag ošmārisn ī Zardušt
About the Author:
Bijan Gheiby was born in Teheran in 1954. He studied media in Tehran and in Long Beach as well as Iranian Studies in Hamburg and Göttingen, where he received his doctorate. He is an independent researcher of Zoroastrianism and ancient Iranian Studies.
غیبی، بیژن. ۲۰۱۵. دوازده متن باستانی. انتشارات نمودار: بیلفلد.
Ġeybi, Bižan. 2015. dawāzdah matn-e bāstāni. Nemudar: Bielefeld.