The essays in this volume discuss various aspects of the Sasanian Empire, presented on the occasion of the inauguration of the Bahari Chair in Sasanian Studies at Oxford University in 2014.
- Michael Alram: “The Numismatic Legacy of the Sasanians in the East”
- Matthew P. Canepa and Johnathan W. Hardy: “Persian Palace Architecture, Garden Design and Digital Archaeology”
- Touraj Daryaee: “The Tripartite Sasanian Vision of the World”
- Antonio Panaino: “Books without Ritual – Ritual without Books”
- Giusto Traina: “The Rise of the Sasanians”
- Yuhan Sohrab-Dinshaw Vevaina: “A Father, a Daughter, and a Son-in-Law in Zoroastrian Hermeneutics”
- Arash Zeini: “The King in the Mirror of the Zand“