Korangy, Alireza & Corey Miller (eds.). 2018. Trends in Iranian and Persian linguistics (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs 313). Berlin: De Gruyter.
This set of essays highlights the state of the art in the linguistics of Iranian languages. The contributions span the full range of linguistic inquiry, including pragmatics, syntax, semantics, phonology/phonetics, lexicography, historical linguistics and poetics and covering a wide set of Iranian languages including Persian, Balochi, Kurdish and Ossetian. This book will engage both the active scholar in the field as well as linguists from other fields seeking to assess the latest developments in Iranian linguistics.
See the table of contents here.
- Toon van Hal: “The alleged Persian-Germanic connection: A remarkable chapter in the study of Persian from the sixteenth through the nineteenth centuries”
- Shinji Ido: “Huihuiguan zazi: A New Persian glossary compiled in Ming China”
- Adriano V. Rossi: “Glimpses of Balochi lexicography: Some iconyms for the landscape and their motivation”
- Martin Schwartz: “On some Iranian secret vocabularies, as evidenced by a fourteenth-century Persian manuscript”
- Agnès Lenepveu-Hotz: “Specialization of an ancient object marker in the New Persian of the fifteenth century”
- Lutz Rzehak: “Fillers, emphasizers, and other adjuncts in spoken Dari and Pashto”
- Youli Ioannesyan: “The historically unmotivated majhul vowel as a significant areal dialectological feature”
- Zohreh R. Eslami, Mohammad Abdolhosseini, and Shadi Dini: Variability in Persian forms of address as represented in the works of Iranian playwrights”
- Hooman Saeli and Corey Miller: “Some linguistic indicators of sociocultural formality in Persian”
- Behrooz Mahmoodi-Bakhtiari: WSpoken vs. written Persian: Is Persian diglossic?”
- Lewis Gebhardt: “Accounting for *yek ta in Persian”
- Jila Ghomeshi: “The associative plural and related constructions in Persian”
- Shahrzad Mahootian and Lewis Gebhardt: “Revisiting the status of -eš in Persian”
- Arseniy Vydrin: “‘Difficult’ and ‘easy’ in Ossetic”
- Z. A. Yusupova: “Possessive construction in Kurdish”
- Carina Jahani: “To bring the distant near: On deixis in Iranian oral literature”
- Katarzyna Marszalek-Kowalewska: “Extracting semantic similarity from Persian texts”